Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter fun


Good morning, happy Tuesday!!

I am back to work after a long week-end and I can't get into the groove of things, I guess it would help if I actually had something to do, hmm...what a concept.  Anyway, as you know this weekend was Easter! We had a full house all weekend, I really enjoyed it. Kelly's family came down and stayed with us Friday night until yesterday evening. I really enjoyed their company and I am really happy for Kelly because I know that it meant a lot to him. We had a pretty eventful weekend, def. should have taken today to recover!

Let's see...Friday night Nadine, Dan and D finally made it through the horrendous traffic and got to the house around 4:30ish. Blair decided to come down that night also, that way she could help me get Delaney's Easter basket ready and dye Easter eggs with us. Prior to the Eater festivities we all went out to Pancho Villa for some Mexican cuisine. We came back to the house and got our decorating on while watching TV, I think we must of dyed over 50 eggs. I loved watching Delaney, she got so excited!!

Saturday we spent the whole day in D.C. We made it to all the places we had on our to do list. We took the metro down there and immediately hit the Natural History Museum. That was one of the stops you and I made a couple years back...You would of appreciated the newest exhibit they had at the museum....it was a coral reef display. The whole display was made out of recyclable material, it was pretty amazing and of course it made me think of you. I hate seeing things that I know you would love to see and then I am not able to take you there or tell you about it, ugh it sucks, dad!

After the Natural History museum we went to the National History museum and then to the National Archives, both were pretty neat since I had never been. I think my favorite part of the National History museum was the "First Ladies" Room. They displayed all the first ladies fancy attire. We also made a bonus stop en route to the Archives, not really a stop but rather a walking tour at the sculpture garden. After we hit all of our preferred destinations we hopped back on the metro and hit up Bertucci's on the way home. We got one of your favorite pizzas from there! The white sauce pizza with sausage, I think it is called a Sporkie?

Saturday night we were all up pretty late, Nadine and I were cooking baked beans and making pasta salad until about midnight. I stayed up extra late putting together an Easter basket for Delaney (it was such an awesome basket!!) I think I was more excited about it then she was. Kel went up to Bobby McKey's that night to pick up Jeff (he is spending the week with us before he moves home to Ohio). I think we all finally made it to bed by 3:30AM-4AM ish, needless to say, LONG NIGHT!

Sunday was Easter!! I woke up super early so I could watch D open her Easter basket and hunt for her eggs. Then we all got ready and headed up to dinner at Mom's place. It was such a great dinner. I felt really nice to be surrounded by such great people, it made me feel very fortunate. I was so happy that Mom and Kel's parents got along so well. The food was great, the company was even better, the weather was perfect, the only thing missing was you....UGH NOT AGAIN. Here I go opening up the flood gates. **I am not going to be an emotional mess at work today....I am not going to be an emotional mess at work today....I am not going to be an emotional mess at work today! SO moving right along-

I don’t know why but I just can't seem to organize any thoughts today, I apologize. I have massive writer's block or something so I am going to stop, step back from the computer and see if that helps any. If not, I will try again tomorrow. Love and miss you dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment