Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday Lunch -- Trip down memory lane




Hey there! How are you doing today? I was just signing some stuff at work and I looked down and guess what? I was writing from a pen that said Washington Gas Energy Services on it! I still find it awesome that we do a lot of work with your old company, not me directly but we have contracts with them in my business unit. They are referred to as "WGES", small world huh!?

Anyway, I went home for lunch today and found out some pretty interesting stuff. Mom received a bill this week for an ambulance trip in March of last year. Hmmm. That is a bit odd, I tried really hard to remember something/anything about it but couldn’t, I want to say I remember you telling me about it happening after the fact, but it is all so fuzzy and I don’t want to speculate. The ambulance ride was on a Monday afternoon from Merrifield Plant Nursery in Manassas and went to Fairfax hospital. Of course Blair and I tried to play Nancy Drew and figure this mystery out, but all we could come up with was that you either had a heart issue (that you neglected to tell us about) or a low blood sugar while picking out plants/flowers from the nursery and someone from there called 911. Once they got you stabilized at the hospital you called Pinky, Joel, Steve or someone to come and pick you up from Fairfax and take you back to your car so that none of us would find out. Looking back I have started feeling guilty, the fact that you felt you needed hide something from us because you didn’t want us to worry or be upset. I wish you wouldn't of done that, you know we worried regardless and that we would of done anything for you. I hope you know that. Deep down I know that you knew that, I just want to be 100% sure that you left here knowing how much we all loved and cared for you. I have to move on to another topic before I get upset, I don’t want to think about things that I will never find an answer to. You aren’t here to ask, so I will never know for sure what happened that day, speculations only get me so far. Ugh, it would be much easier if you were here to ask dad.

Once we decided to give up playing detective, Blair and I decided to go through some of your pictures that were on her laptop. It brought a lot of laughter and gave us both some pretty big smiles. While our time with you may have been shorter than we all had hoped, we definitely had some unforgettable memories and fun times. That is what I will always appreciate and be grateful for, the closeness and relationship us four share as a family, it truly is a rarity. I can't tell you any other family that is as close as we are. That is something I will never understand, why aren’t more families like us?

But like I was saying, some of the pictures were funny, they took us back to some great times. It was a nice little break from work-for about an hour Blair and I were able to re-live some of those memories...Here are some pictures we were laughing about...
"Hey girls!
Take a picture of me by this bear!"
Probably making fun of
someone in this one!
Nice Mustache?

HAHAHA I make myself way too often....I'll give you a break and save some more fun pictures for another day. Well daddy, I have to get back to work, I am leaving here in a little bit and then it is off to bowling tonight! The team wants me back! SIKE they just dont have enough people available to play tonight, so here I am, bowling with the big boys! Let's hope I don't suck as bad as last time!

Love you!!!! Miss you!!!!!
BIG

No comments:

Post a Comment