Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Monday, April 11, 2011

She Talks To Angels

Good morning! Happy Monday! Hope you had a fun week-end and that the weather was a little nicer wherever you were at! It was rainy and chilly all week-end in Stafford, bummer! Kel and I had a pretty uneventful weekend, most of which we spent in pajamas. Friday afternoon I went to his picnic that he had at work and from then on I stayed in yoga pants and sweatshirts all weekend. Friday night we went over to a friend's house and played cards, had a sleepover with the pups and then slept until noon on Saturday! We both obviously needed to catch up on some rest, we never sleep that late!! We got up and went out to grab some lunch and run some errands, we ate at this place that you would love, it is called, "Jimmy the Greek" and it is very similar to "Olympians". I got emotional when we were there because I was telling Kelly how much you would love the French onion soup I was eating and the Roast Beef sandwich he was eating. Sometimes it is the little things that choke me up the most, knowing that I will never be able to take you to that restaurant made me all kinds of upset. Anyway, after all the running around we went back to the house and watched Black Swan and Sling Blade, I didn’t really watch Sling Blade, but I did watch Black Swan and I thought it was terrible. Definitely not as excellent as everyone made it out to be. Later that evening Emilee and Mike came down to hang out for a while, they left fairly early and then Kelly and I hit the hay and woke up Sunday morning with the great idea to make breakfast sandwiches and omelets. Kelly did most of the cooking while I cuddled up with the pups on the couch, I am so happy that he is a good cook! After breakfast I took a four hour nap, yes a FOUR HOUR nap! I don’t know why, but this weekend was definitely a "catch up on sleep" kind of weekend. Sunday evening, Kirsten came up for dinner and to hang out with Kelly and I. She brought her parents dog, another Dachshund! Only this one was 10 years old and a lot smaller than our two pups! So all in all dad, a pretty lazy weekend down in Stafford, however, next weekend will be a lot more eventful! Kel and I are planning to drive up to PA so I can get my hair done and we can spend some time with his family.

Your song came on my iPod - Fade to Black by Metallica. I love this song, I remember that week of your funeral I would sit out on the front porch and just watch the sun come up on some of the days where I could not sleep, that was such a hard week on us all. I remember sitting out on the front porch one morning, this song playing on my iPod and there was a light summer breeze that swept across my face. I shut my eyes to fight back the tears, however I ended up still losing it. There is a guitar part that comes up at the 5:36 mark of the song and every time I hear it I get goose bumps. I always picture you rocking out to it, even though you never were able to learn how to play your guitar, I still see you jamming! I love this song, we played it at your funeral. Only my dad is cool enough to have Metallica playing at his funeral!



"Life it seems will fade away
Drifting further every day
Getting lost within myself
Nothing matters, no one else

I have lost the will to live
Simply nothing more to give
There is nothing more for me
Need the end to set me free


Things not what they used to be
Missing one inside of me
Deathly lost, this can't be real
Cannot stand this hell I feel
Emptiness is filling me
To the point of agony
Growing darkness taking dawn
I was me but now he's gone

No one but me can save myself
But it's too late
Now I can't think
Think why I should even try

Yesterday seems as though
It never existed
Death greets me warm
Now I will just say goodbye"

No comments:

Post a Comment