Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Things I hope Dad is doing today

Today is such a beautiful day outside, the air is nice and cool and the sky is bright blue. I hope that wherever you are, all days are just like this one. I was thinking about you a lot this morning and I made a list of all the things I hope you are doing, kind of weird I know, however, making the list made me smile. I hand-wrote it so I can put it in your book, so typing it seems sort of silly, but I am going to do it anyway...

Things I hope Dad is doing today-
1. Enjoying the weather
2. Spending the day free of pain
3. Playing golf on the most amazing course
4. Riding his Harley on an open road
5. Putting his butt on the sand and feet in the ocean
6. Having an ice cold Heineken
7. Eating a huge filet mignon, scallops and crab cakes
8. Planning a trip to Greece
9. Blasting Metallica and Creed while riding in his Porsche
10. Snorkeling in some amazing reef

As I made that list it was so weird for me to comprehend the fact that you are actually gone, it choked me up a few times and it gave me knots in my stomach. I don’t know why I still feel that you are still here. I can't wrap my brain around the fact that you will never again grace us with your presence. It is really hard to think about it that way, perhaps that is why I haven’t let myself think that you are gone for good. I know I tell you this all the time but I would give anything just to have you back. Our family hasn’t been the same, nor will it ever be the same, but we have to move forward and continue on with you in our heart and thoughts

2 comments: