Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tour De Cure Recap-Team BIG DADDY RIDERS

Hey Dad! How are you today? Hope you are out riding your Harley and enjoying this cooler weather!  I wanted to write to you yesterday and let you know all about the ride we did in honor of you on Sunday, but I got caught up with work stuff and when I not too long after I got home,  I called it a night. I did however read some of the first book I wrote to you before falling asleep. I haven’t read that in over a year and a half, so it was fun to re-read and get some laughs out of what I wrote.
Back to Sunday…I know you were out there riding with us, all 35 miles of it! Gosh it was such the PERFECT day for it too. We had a team of eight of us riding and we collectively raised $2,235 to donate to the American Diabetes Association in your honor. Blair never ceases to astonish me; she was the team captain and did amazing job putting all the fundraiser together, making the team shirts, ribbons, etc…She does everything whole-heartedly, that is why she is such a great person and friend to so many. Not to mention, we had such a fun group riding, you would have had a blast with all of us. It was such an inspiring day for me, I always feels like I should be doing more to contribute to certain aspects of life, this ride only made that feeling stronger. I think I may go back to volunteering for the ADA on a more continuous basis. There are so many out there with diabetes, or at least knows someone with diabetes, I feel like I would make a laudable advocate for diabetes prevention and awareness by sharing your story.

The best part of the ride was when I was asked, “Who is Chris Johnson.” Blair put your name on the back of our team shirts, which sparked people’s interest. It made me very proud and happy to talk about you! Here are some pictures from that perfect day!

Our team, our family, your fans! Alli brought her good friend Mick (the one between Mere and Mom) you would of loved him, he is such a fun person to be around!
 
I suprised Pouvee with a team captain shirt, to show my
appreciation for all she did for the team!


We miss you DAD!

Your girls!
Mick, Justin, Pouvee and Mere! Such a fun group!



All for YOU



No comments:

Post a Comment