Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I know that is your way of saying hello



Hey there daddy! I am working out on the elliptical at the gym and typing to you via IPhone! I wish I was capable of not doing 5 different things at once, but as you well know, I only can function if I am multi tasking! I'm blasting another one of your favorite songs, Pride & Joy by Mr. Stevie Ray Vaughan. Love it! I often times close my eyes while running and listening to a song of yours. I always picture the same thing. You and I taking a drive in the BMW, top down, blasting our music while cruising down the GW parkway. I would be playing dashboard drums or my infamous air guitar and you would be singing backup for whomever we were listening to. I liked when you sang to Bush, you ALMOST sounded like Gavin Rossdale, almost...haha! Ok so I just thought of the time when you, Blair and I drove to Maryland to get some garden flowers to surprise Mom with...I was super excited because my old friend got me a signed album by Ballyhoo.... I made you listen to the entire album, too and from the place. Not only was that probably painful enough for you, I proceeded to song every single word on the entire Album, while playing dashboard drums. Hahaha you were such a trooper that day:) I have to hop off this machine, but I will finish up later this evening! Love you xoxo


Hey there! I am back, I just bought a table and two chairs for my deck, tomorrow I plan to fill my pots with bright and colorful flowers, it is supposed to be a great day, I am looking forward to working from home, sitting out on the deck with an ice tea and just enjoying the sunshine. I found this poem and I thought it was very fitting, I know you would feel this way…. I am not sure who it is buy and I modified it a bit, I made it a better fit for you.


             Do not stand at my urn and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on the snow
I am the sunlight on beautiful flowers
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in a circled flight
I am the stars that shine in the dark of night.
So do not stand at my urn and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

I love this poem, it made me smile. There are so many instances that I feel like you are right there with me. Everytime a butterfly flutters by, I always say, “hey dad!” Anytime there is a cool breeze that randomly blows by on a hot & humid day, I know that is your way of saying hello. Anytime the clouds move into shapes in the sky, I hope that you are writing a message to me. Things like that big daddy! I know it is you. Two years has been way too long dad, I wish there was someway you could come back. I miss everything about you. Thinking of you and hoping that you are doing something amazing. I love you, ASH




Where has the time gone?
BTW could your pants be any higher?! HA


You look so cute in this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment