Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Motorcycle Drive By


Good morning Dad! Happy Saturday, it is the day before Father’s day, I have come to dislike this time of year, for obvious reasons.  I am watching the sun come up and came to the conclusion that I am up way too early for a Saturday but I have been unable to sleep the past few days, too much on my mind I guess. I am having a BBQ down at my house today, first one of the summer without Kel. I am nervous because he is usually the grill master, I am not even sure how to turn the stupid thing on…. I am going to have to get some help from the guys.

Blair is coming down this morning to spend the day with me, and then later in the evening we are having a bunch of friends over for some burgers and beers. I wanted MamaJ to come down but my townhouse is not exactly wheelchair friendly and given that I just took the banister off the stairs to paint, it probably would not be a smart idea, so she is going to catch us next time.  I really wish that you were here to hangout with us; everyone always enjoyed your company. I am sad that you only got to see where I live one time and you never made it inside. Remember the day we took the road trip to drop Ace off? When you dropped me off on the way back to your house, I said, “Dad, come check out the inside of the house”!  And you told me that your legs were bothering you and didn’t think you could make it up the stairs. I tried to convince you to come see the bright red family room that Kel painted and you said, “I will be back down and see it then, I just want to get back and relax.” Who would of known that would have been the last time you drove down my way.  Wow… makes me think ya know? I really am trying to live for today, live in the moment, just as it says on my wrist. You never know when your opportunity to do something may be your last. You would be pleased with all the home improvement projects Kel and I have done on the house; I think you would approve of our bright colors and modern décor. We always had the best-decorated house growing up, you and mom did such a great job making it unique and dynamic, I wanted to follow in those footsteps! You know what I have realized over the past couple of years? Painting is a pain in the ass! I don’t know how you did all that painting at both houses, especially the most recent house.

Your girls!
In addition to making the house awesome inside, I have finally set the deck up just the way I like it! I think I sit outside more than I do inside now! I bought a ton of flowers to make it bright and colorful, the flowers I bought attract butterflies, yup, got those for you! I also just bought a bird feeder and I don’t think the birds are too fond of it. I don’t really have a place to hang it up so it is just sitting on the table, no birds yet…. the pups have managed to get into already though! Who would of thought, my dachshunds like birdseed, tehe. Speaking of the pups, they are growing up so fast, almost two years old! Hard to believe they are already two. You would love these guys, especially Tuff, he is such a cuddly thing. Tootsie is cuddly to but she is a princess so cuddling is on her terms, when she isn’t busy. LOL.
BABY GIRL!

I am listening to my Itunes and there is a song that came on that I didn’t even realize that I had, it is by Third Eye Blind, “Motorcyle Drive By.” I don’t know why but I think of you whenever I hear it, I think it is because I just picture you riding your Harley on the open road in a music video for this song or something. Haha, you in a music video,  that is a funny thought!  I don’t feel like starting my day quite yet, but the gym is calling my name. Enjoy your day Big Daddy and don’t forget to help me out with the grill tonight! I don’t want to have a blonde moment when trying to grill burgers and dogs… lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment