Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Sound of Sunshine!


Birthday celebration in the Islands!

Hey there Daddy, from your 25 year-old daughter, did you hear that…25! I feel old! I wish you were here to celebrate with me. Birthdays and holidays are not the same without your big hugs, amazing dinners and handwritten, heartfelt cards. This weekend mom and I went to the BAHAMAS to celebrate; gosh it was perfect out there. We stayed at an all-inclusive resort in the Grand Bahamas Island. It was only a two and a half hour plane ride! We got there on Thursday afternoon and left on Sunday morning. Poor MamaJ found out a few days before that she had a broken ankle and ruptured a bunch of ligaments in her foot, but that did not stop us from living’ it up in the Islands! Her doctor said the only way she could go to the Bahamas was if I pushed her in a wheelchair, she is not supposed to have any pressure on her foot. I wheeled her around everywhere; I even got her out to the ocean and into a kayak, I wish someone had a video camera! It was quite an adventure getting a wheelchair down to the ocean and then getting her out of the chair and down into the kayak. I told her that she could not pass up the beautiful warm water, so we were doing’ it no matter what! We succeeded and went all the way off the resort’s private beach; you know mom and her kayaking, go hard or go home! HA. The water was absolutely gorgeous and it made me think of you…especially when I stubbed my toe on a huge piece of coral rock down under the sand! I knew you were looking down and laughing, of course! I wish you could have been there; Mom and I talked about you a lot. We talked about how much you would’ve loved to be there, enjoying the free drinks, good food and hot sun. I know you were with us in spirit though. We miss you so much, Dad. Everything we do we always wish you were there.   We came home on Sunday and had a great dinner and an amazing cake that Blair made. Triple layer, Oreo cookie cake. She is so good at everything, I love it! The cake was probably the best cake I have ever had….well right up there with the Elmo cake Mom and Pam made me for my birthday way back in the day! Here are some pictures for you to enjoy from the BAHAMAS, I love and miss you SO much DaddyJ.

Acting goofy as usual!

Mom is so cute here!

Check out that cocunut that almost nailed her in the head!
Spending the evening down by the water!

Mom in her YAK! Loved when you used to call it "YAKING"

So pretty!


Smile! It's my birthday!

Gift from my pups! Blair helped them out, a little :)


Every gift we give now has a butterfly in honor of you! See the green sparkly one?!

No comments:

Post a Comment