Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Friday, June 29, 2012

Military Life


Hey there Dad,  I hope you are enjoying this warm Friday morning. I am having a hard time today, I had to say goodbye to two really good friends. I love the military life, however, saying goodbye to those that mean a lot to you is never easy. Unfortunately that is the military life. I have learned so much over the past few years about friendship, because of the friendships I have gained through being affiliated with the military life. There is nothing like the bonds you form with those in the military and their families. I feel like it is a special club that automatically presents you with the opportunity to have good and genuine friends in your life. Today Craig and Taylor left for San Diego. Craig has been staying at the house this week and Taylor came down from Baltimore last night. I didn’t think it would be so hard to say goodbye this morning, but it was. I have known Craig for a while now, he has been there for Kelly and I whenever we needed him and I am so glad he found his wife, Taylor. Seeing their relationship flourish over the last year and then attending their wedding last month was simply beautiful. Taylor brings out the best in Craig and you can totally see it in his eyes. I am so happy for them both, however, I hate that they have to leave. Like I said, the bond amongst military families is irreplaceable, it is a family. It has shown me how to be a better friend and taught me that your real friends will be there for you no matter what. The people who I could call if I needed a ride, place to stay, help with the lawn, fixing something, or just someone to talk to, etc… are those that I have met through Kelly, my marine guys and their families. Seeing one of them leave today with no idea when we would see each other again puts things into perspective.  Cherish the times you have with the ones you love, you never know when they are going to have to pick up and go on a moments notice, always be a good friend, be there when you say you are going to be there, do what you say you are going to do, and never judge. That is what I have learned about friendship over the last few years.

Keep an eye out for Craig and Taylor as they make their cross-country trip to San Diego.

Love and miss you dad, I could really use one of your big hugs today. 
Craig and Taylor on their wedding day!!
Mom and her girl's Marines. Love them


1 comment: