Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Thursday, May 24, 2012

I just want to scream "hello", it's been way too long


Hey there Daddy, happy Memorial Day weekend. I wish you were here to make one of your amazing pork shoulders and your legendary coleslaw! We have tried to imitate both, many times, nevertheless nothing we do can compare. So how about you whisper how to make it this weekend when we are attempting to do so!

I am sitting at my house; listening to the rain and watching the pups fight over their squeaky snake. I have Metallica playing on my laptop to break the silence that lingers in the house. I love having my own place; however, with Kel not here it can get a little lonely. I just found out that he was placed in the “zone” for promotion to Staff Sgt. It is hard to explain the Marine Corps way of promoting and I am not 100% sure how to explain it, so I won’t try, haha.  I am so proud of him; he makes me so happy, even when he is 11,000 miles away. But enough of that, he will be home before I know it, at least that is what I keep telling myself.

Let’s see what else is going on…I went to spin tonight and am really happy I love it. It is such a great workout and it is helping me get ready for your ride next weekend. I usually ride 21-24 miles each time I go and I have been going anywhere from 4-5 times a week since February. I have not been in this good of shape since I being on a soccer team. You would be impressed with all my muscle! Haha. I have been thinking about the soccer days a lot lately and I really miss playing on Sting. Those were some of the best years, weren’t they? You know who is getting married from the team? Lauren (GAL) I saw it on facebook a while ago, I think she is one of the first girls from the team to tie the knot!

Gosh, I love Metallica. Everytime I listen to it, I feel close to you in some way. I have my “Daddy J” mix playing on Itunes. You know exactly what is on the playlist because I made it into three CD’s for you! I think the favorite songs on the playlist are;
The Memory Remains, Metallica
 Fuel, Metallica
Nothing Else Matters, Metallica
 Enter Sandman, Metallica
Daughter, Pearl Jam
Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town, Pearl Jam
The Joker, Steve Miller Band
1979, The Smashing Pumpkins
The Kids Aren’t Alright, The Offspring
Purple Haze, Jimi Hendrix
Sweet Child O’ Mine, Guns N’ Roses
Hemorrhage, Fuel
Learn to Fly, Foo Fighters
Times Like These, Foo Fighters
My Hero, Foo Fighters
One, Creed
My Own Prison, Creed
Comedown, Bush
Swallowed, Bush
Dream On, Aerosmith

These are the songs I am feelin’ tonight. Well, it is about time for dinner! Its 8:30, I better get to it!

I love and miss you and the last song I will leave you with is, “I Wish You Were Here” by Pink Floyd. Miss you so much, dad. Thought I would also end with some pictures..

Love this picture! Such a good looking man!


All smiles, where did the time go?!

Best friends!

Always goofin! 

My 21st birthday cookout, you made it so special by
cooking for everyone and gettin the beer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment