Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Comedown


Hey there. How are you this fine May afternoon? Can you believe that it is May AGAIN?  I have been trying to sit down and write to you about my Monday experience. A couple days later and here I am. Guess what I had the opportunity to do, ummmm it involved Gavin Rossdale! I took Schultz with me, but I wish I was able to bring you...Remember how we used to rock out to Bush?! I had the amazing opportunity to work with Livenation and Nickelback on Monday. They are currently on their “Here and Now Tour” and I helped them put together their VIP stuff for the event at the Verizon Center.  What an experience. I am so glad that I took Alli up on the opportunity. We started the day putting together VIP Merch bags for the VIP ticketholders (we got a bag of course!) then we checked the VIP ticketholders into the venue. Not to mention, we got to eat lunch and dinner with the bands and crew members, a ton of tattooed rock stars (my favorite!) I had no idea what it took to put on a concert, especially one of this magnitude. I think I need a career change; I was so fascinated by the logistics that are behind putting together events and we were non-stop busy until showtime and you know how I go nuts if I don't have a million things on my plate, so this would be a perfect job! Anyway, we were behind the scenes for this huge show, got fed like royalty/ate with rockstars, got the best seats in the house, and on top of all that got paid for a day’s worth of work. Can you say amazing? There were four bands there, the only ones I really wanted to see were Bush and Nickelback and I got to see their full sets, LOVED IT. I am not a huge Nickleback fan, but I will say that they put on a badass show. Bush of course performed perfectly. I love Gavin Rossdale. He is so nice and can still rock out for being 46! You would have loved to see him. He did the song Glycerine that you and I always used to jam to on the way to soccer practice, it brought tears to my eyes, but they were good tears. I know you were there jammin right with me. I miss you! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment