Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Thursday, August 11, 2011

"my dad would be proud of me today"

Hey there dad. I know it has been a while since I last wrote, a lot has been going on and I just have not had the opportunity to sit down and type you up a note. I have a few that I have written you over the past couple of weeks but I am finally getting the chance to sit down and talk to you now. 

Let me think, where did I last leave off.... I was getting ready to go to OBX when I last talked to you! It was a great trip, a lot of memories of you and the family while we were down there, but it was still a blast, I forgot how much I love that place. This year I stayed in Salvo, the complete opposite end of the island in which we are used to staying in. It was super nice down there, even more secluded than Corolla. Kel really enjoyed it down there as well....he said he would for sure want to take another trip down there. After spending the week down in OBX we went up to PA to visit with Kelly's family and so he could say his goodbyes. Mom came up with us on Friday and flew back on Sunday, I was happy that she decided to come up there with us, especially for Kelly's last trip for the next two years.

Today was the day, I have tried not to mention it to you in past posts, probably because I have tried to avoid it. Actually you know what...I am going to write to you in my notebook about this, I don't want to put too much of my business out on the internet....so check the book for updates on this certain situation :)

So many things have been going on this summer and it sure has flown by, I hope that time will continue to fly by.....and slow down in a couple of years. Hahaha wishful thinking, but whatever! You always used to tell me that time flies way too fast and one day I will ask myself where the last ten/twenty years have gone. I still to this day disagree with you dad...I will be young forever! Haha

I am trying to think what else to tell you, there'd has been many moments within the past few weeks that I have said to Kelly...."my dad would be proud of me today!" I think the main one was me helping Kelly epoxy the garage floor! It looks so much nicer, I really had no idea what the purpose of this was, but I am so glad that I did it! Although, I enjoyed doing it....I think Kelly tricked me into helping, lol. He told me that if I helped him, I would get to bedazzle the floor....and well....you know me when it comes to bedazzling. So of course I jumped on the opportunity. What kel failed to mention was the fact that if I agreed to help bedazzle, I would have to help with all of the other awful aspects of this task. Such as, cleaning out all the junk from the garage...sweeping all the bugs and nasty stuff  out of the garage, hosing it down, drying it, painting it....thennnnn I got to bedazzle. Whew! It was hard work but totally worth it! Proud moment for me! Haha ohhh the little things in life. 

Well daddy, we will catch up later! I love and miss you so much. I could really use you here right now. Keep me sane during these next few months, I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment