Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I don't care if it is 10AM, you put some champagne in my OJ. It's mimosa time bitch.

Last trip to our favorite place!! OBX!!
Hey there Dad! How are you? I am doing great! I am going down to the Outer Banks tonight after work to do some wedding stuff and hang out with Mom for the weekend. I am so excited, this will be the first time that the pups have been by the ocean! I hope today passes by very quickly so that I can hit the open road and blast my music with the windows down and heat turned on low (it is getting close to that time of year again!) You know me; I will still ride with the windows in a snow storm, as long as I can crank the heat! I wish you were coming down with me, I would love for you to come help us pick things out for the wedding. Mom and I have a cake tasting on Friday and hopefully we will nail down a few other things while we are there. If not, no worries, we will be there for the next three weekends!! I am really looking forward to spending the weekend with mom, we are going to get up every morning and take the dogs on a long walk on the beach, sip Mimosa's (DUH), swim in  the private pool (even though it is on 75 degrees outside, we are still doing it!), watch movies, do wedding stuff, hang out in the hot tub, cook dinner together, the list goes on. EEK I cannot wait!  I am so fortunate, I get to travel so much for a 25 year old, I love being spontaneous! Plus, the OBX is one of my favorite places in the world, so going down there is always a treat!

I think I have decided on the song that I am going to walk down the aisle, errr…walk down the sand to. It is called “For my Father” by Andy McKee. It is absolutely beautiful and it always makes me think of you. It is all music, no words. However, somehow the song speaks so much to me. I am going to have the guy playing at the ceremony learn it so he can play it live for us. I listen to this song often and I shut my eyes and so many memories and pictures run through my head. Mom will be walking me down the sand, but with this song, you can be part as well. How perfecto!


Welp, I have to get back to work, just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and wish you were driving down to the Banks with me this evening. Love and miss you!


Our family always has way too much fun. hahahaha :-) LOVE IT




No comments:

Post a Comment