Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Always on our mind and forever in our heart

Monday, September 10, 2012

When I die, please don't advertise my death on the back window of your vehicle!" HAHA I know you will laugh at that one.

Hey Dad! How are you? This last month has been a whirlwind for me! I am in full wedding planning mode, I so wish you were here. We selected the house for the vacation and the reception. Guess where it is? Your favorite place, the Currituck Club!! How perfect is that? The house is beautiful and it has a big yard and private pool, perfect for the reception. There are a few people that our turning our wedding into their vacation for the summer. I am super excited about that, its going to be such a fun week with everyone there! Skip and Mike are getting a house, a couple of my friends are, and both Pam’s are getting homes with their families…. I just feel like this is going to be the best week/wedding ever. I am so lucky to have such a great family, though it is small, we are mighty! Lol. My friends are pretty awesome too, but if I am friends with them, they have to be…duh! Haha just kidding J
I think the last time I wrote I was getting ready for a trip to Jamaica; actually no I just went back and looked. It was before that when I last wrote. Eeek! Anyway, I went to Jamaica and had a blast! Get this though, I flew solo! Blair and I were supposed to go together, except the night before she made the decision not to go…Why you ask? HURRICANE ISSAC decided to make a threat on Jamaica and Blair could not risk getting stranded down there. The day after we were schedule to get home, she started her nursing program….if she was not in her seat at 8am, she would be replaced by a “wait-lister” in the program. Nursing is way too important for her to risk…therefore she made the adult decision to stay home. And guess what, you know I sure as heck went. I had a blast too; the resort we had booked was absolutely perfect, with the exception of the rude people that were guests. The food was amazing, the water was perfect, the drinks were great, and the simplicity of a vacation was awesome.
What else is going on….hmmm…
I have been busy with wedding stuff and home projects lately, I feel like I need another vacation! I have spent the last two weeks repainting Kel and my entire house, I no joke, spent 12 hours a day. It looks great though. We are trying to get it ready to sell when Kelly gets back, I loved the old color but I think it is too bright for most, so we went with something a little more neutral. The whole time I was painting, I thought about how you painted the entire basement and I do not know how you did it, painting kicks my ass! It is hard work! It is all worth it in the end, that is for sure. There is nothing better than a freshly painted house.
I am trying to think of what else has being going on lately…OH! Kelly got selected for Staff Sgt! I am so happy for him, he deserves it. Schultz didn’t pick up though, which makes me really sad. He has ten years in and they are forcing him out because he was passed over for promotion. Bummer, but that is life I guess. I am going to help him try and find a job in the civilian world, I am trying to convince him to stay in Virginia and not go home to Pittsburgh…We will see though!
This weekend Blair and I had a last minute party at the house, we were cooking for a ton of people, sipping on Mimosas and talking about how much fun the party would be if you were to be there. I miss being able to hang out with you, it makes me so mad and sad sometimes. I see others who are not close with their parents and I feel like telling them to fix that! There is nothing like being best friends with your family, I love it. I just wish you were still here so we could hang out.
By the way, I have not heard any news on Joel lately, last time we heard anything was when Terry called to tell us that he had the transplant but it became infected and the good lung was filled with fluid (I don’t know the exact medical terms, ask Blair for that one!) He was in ICU and in a medically induced coma…I think I am going to try and get ahold of Terry or Kelly today. Keep an eye out for your homie, he needs you!
Well Dad, I know this was short and sweet but I am swamped at work and my lunch break is over! I promise it wont be another mother before the next update. Love and miss you so so so much.

Oh by the way, I saw this this morning and it made me bust out laughing. You know why? Because do you remember how we used to laugh at people that had this crap on their cars? "Driving in Memory of....." I can totally see you saying this.....I was thinking about getting one on my car....just to piss you off ;-) Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment